Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

My 2005 Grand Cherokee alarm will not go off, after putting

Customer Question
the key in the ignition...
My 2005 Grand Cherokee alarm will not go off, after putting the key in the ignition, and trying to start the car. I've disconnected the battery, and the same thing happens. Sine the remote doesn't work on the key, I have to use the key unlock the car, start the car and I would be fine, but now the car won't start, and the alarm keeps going off.
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: No. If that doesn't work then what do you suggest?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've disconnected the battery, and tried checking the fuses. If necessary, I will take it to the dealership.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No, that's it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
8/29/2016
Jeep Mechanic: Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

This particular system requires the remote to turn it off. Somehow it has been triggered. You will need to purchase and program a remote to turn it off.

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.

Tool Hut
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician