Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master...30+ years...Shop owner..engine builder..collision structural repair
2947720

Whining noise from front, 2001 wrangler tj, i just got it so

Customer Question

whining noise from front
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2001 wrangler tj
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i just got it so dont know
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: 100000 miles but runs good
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

That can very well be a bad wheel bearing. One way to see is to jack up the vehicle and listen to the back of the hubs with a stethoscope, (or a long pipe) while the wheels are turning, (with engine running).

.

Another is to see if the sound changes when you turn into and away from it. A bad bearing on the right side, (front) will be louder when turned to the left, (while moving) and subside when turned to the right. Visa versa for the left side.

.

.

If so then the hub assembly, (with bearings in it) would have to be replaced.

.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Thanks

.