Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

The idle goes up and down by 500 RPM wiyh A/C on at stop in…

Customer Question
The idle goes up...

The idle goes up and down by 500 RPM wiyh A/C on at stop in gear brakes on

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

Had it in to Chrysler they couldn't find anything, no codes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2014 compass

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, I'm trying spark plugstoday

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?

I've tried injector cleaner

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
8/28/2016
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

To have a fluctuation that large only with the a/c on I would first suspect the cooling fan isn't running at that time. If it isn't then the compressor will put a large load on the engine due to the high pressures in the system and it will cause what you're describing.

When the problem is happening can you see if the cooling fan is running?