Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

We have A Jeep Liberty 2007. We disengaged the child safety

Customer Question

We have A Jeep Liberty 2007. We disengaged the child safety lock on the left rear door but the door still won't open from the inside. We took the door panel off and don't know if the lock mechanism should move when we move the rod back and forth. It isn't moving the mechanism now. We just want to disable the safety lock permanently and want to be able to open the door from inside. Thank you.Jack
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

yes it should move it if it is attached to it and did not come disconnected , if it is not moving

then the actual mechanism broke on inside and need replacement, you can try taking aoart and see if you can manually move it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Take what apart? All we want to do is get rid of the child lock system. The tab you to disingage the system doesn't seem to be attached to the horizontal rod. Is there a way to lock out of the child lock?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The rod does seem to move differently when we move the tabs on the lock setting. It may have been disconnected
at the front end of the rod at the inside handle??

yes , did you take the whole door panel off, if you did not you need to so you can see

can you push the tab with screw driver in either direction or it is stuck ?