Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

My 2008 Jeep Wrangler was due to be inspected last month (6)

Customer Question
BUT my air bag light...
My 2008 Jeep Wrangler was due to be inspected last month (6) BUT my air bag light goes on and off and the bell dings. Is there a way for me to address without the 600 - 1000 it seems I'd pay.
JA: Have you checked the codes? Is anything interfering with the seatbelt switch?
Customer: Where/how do I check the seat belt codes?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I hope to fix this myself. I haven't tried anything
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
7/6/2016
Jeep Mechanic: njerje23, ASE Master Certified replied 1 year ago
njerje23
njerje23, ASE Master Certified

In order for me to assist you with an airbag issue I will need to know the code that is turning the air bag light on. You will need someone with professional scan tool that is capable of retrieving air bag codes. Sometimes parts stores will allow you to rent these tools or a shop might be able to do this for a small fee if you tell them you just need the code.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well I don't have it so now I've used my question. If I had known I needed that information I would have gotten it then used this service. Thanks - I will go to a local autopart store and see if they can help.

If you just get the code and send it to me, I would be glad to help! I will leave this question open for when you come back with that information.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok sounds good

Just let me know when you have that information, Thanks!

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman