rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2011 Grand Cherokee was running fine. parked few minutes now

Customer Question

2011 Grand Cherokee was running fine. parked for a few minutes now won't start. When the start button is pushed the only thing that happens is a single click that sounds more like a spark. All lights, gauges and radio still come on just won't start.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

We do need to start with checking the battery loaded, the cables at both ends for tightness and corrosion and then check the starter last. We need to eliminate the normal issues before moving on to a possible security issue.

Thanks, Ron