Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

I am attempting to change colors on a couple small trim

Customer Question

I am attempting to change colors on a couple small trim panels . can it be done without takinig the whole door panel off
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2013 patriot
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have reupholstered the center arm rest
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: just need to know if the trim panels can be taken off without taking the whole panel off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

The only thing that can be removed from the door trim panel is the bolster which I attached a picture of.. If your trying to color anything else you will need to tape it up or remove the panel...

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate your qiick answer. I want to upholster for accent I don't want to do the whole door. the pic you supplied showed 3 numbers without any name I don't know a bolster from my left hand or how to get it off as it does not show fasteners
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

It just pulls straight off.. I attached the directions..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad