Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

Jeep experts, Can u help find the engine numbers OF the

Customer Question

Hi Jeep experts,Can u help find the engine numbers OF the below two VIN:FIRST ONE: 1C4 AJWAG7 GL277463Second one:1C4 AJWAG5 GL276103
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

I'm a Jeep dealership technician and I can give you the engine part number, is that what you need? If you want the engine serial number you will need to look on the back of the engine near bellhousing for the stamped serial number..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brad,Thanks for ur prompt reply.i need the engine serial number n i don't have chance to open the hood now. That's why i listed the question here.See if u can help to find it out for me.Thx!
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

We don't have a record of the actual engine serial number, if you need it you will need to look on the back of the engine at the bellhousing and it will be stamped into the block..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking for sth as the picture attached.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Again there is no record of the serial numbers only the part numbers for the engine..

The first VIN you have listed is a Firecracker Red Wrangler and I attached a engine serial ID to decypher the number you have for the build date..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brad,Thanks for ur reply.Only the engine serial number has value for me.Can u forward this question to anyone may help?Thx!
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

There is no one that has your serial number as I stated I'm a dealership technician and I can tell you everything about your vehicle but even we don't have your serial number.. You will need to look on the block to get the serial number which is the only way you will get it. Is there a reason you can't look on the rear of the block to get it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Understood.Seems I have to find another way to get answer.Thanks.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

The only way will be to look on the rear of the block at the bellhousing..

Glad I could help,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brad,As i stated previously, there is a reason i don't have chance to open the hood to check it out, that's why i have to come here to pay to ask this question.Unfortunately, it seems it take me back from the very beginning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you though.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

You asked to help you find the serial numbers, and I have told you the only way to get it which is to visually inspect the rear of the engine for the stamped serial number..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ask for "the Engine Number" NOT "The Way to Find the Engine Number"!