Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

02 JGC limited w/ 4.7l NV 242 t-case. Work done:

Customer Question

02 JGC limited w/ 4.7l NV 242 t-case. Work done: rotor,pads,front and rear diff fluid,T-case fluid,powersteering res/pump,p/s high psi lines to pmp and fan. So this was done in cooler wheather now driving it on streets and have a "whirrling noise from front end "L/F"(had a guy ride on the hood) which starts at around 15-20 mph when hot out but 20-30 when cool.Took left brakes off and checked,all good same noise.Was on gravel other day and checked 4WD and backed upto assure unlock then the noise was not there. Returned after being parked and did the same 4wd in and out unlock and went away.Returns after sitting.Front diff does not have actuator on right ax(none at all so not sure which make it is.There it is , is there a 4wd solenoid/actuator that is partially engaging front end or WTF.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

While driving it and the noise is present dose the dose change if you load the beaning by turning right and left shifting the load on the wheel bearing? If it dose them this usually means you are dealing with a wheel bearing concern. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.