Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler and accidentally left the top

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler and accidentally left the top off over night and it rained. Two days later my daughter took it to work and everything worked in the morning but on her way home and since then nothing in the dash works except the hazard lights. Thought it just needed to dry out for a few days but that didn't work. Please help me!!!
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome to just answer. The instrument cluster may have been damaged. It may eventually come back, but if not it will need to be replaced. Try this: start the Jeep up and turn on the AC and set the temp to full hot. Roll the windows up almost all the way (leave about 1/4 inch open). Then let her sit there and run for a few hours. The AC and heat will remove the moisture from the circuit board and may save it. If not, then the cluster will need to be replaced. Hey it was an accident and may be covered under your insurance. May be worth looking into. The other thing you can do is to remove the cluster and bring it into the house for a few days. Maybe take a warm hair dryer to it.

I hope this information is helpful, and if so, please help me get credit by rating my service using the just answer star rating system. I can and will continue to help you even after you rate.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see how it is going with the Jeep. Let me know.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello??