George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

Can I flat tow a 2007 Wrangler X unlimited 4 dr6 speed

Customer Question

Can I flat tow a 2007 Wrangler X unlimited 4 dr*****6 speed manual transmission behind a motor home without causing any damage or having to disconnect the drive shaft
Category: Jeep
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Yews, you can tow in neutral with the key in the first position to unlock the steering wheel AND remove the IOD fuse from the fuse panel to prevent battery drain while towing.

Will you install an accessory braking device or use the tow vehicle brakes only?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jeep towing brakes already installed
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, if they press the pedal then you should also remove the M1 fuse to prevent the vehicle lights from coming on unless you are providing power to the Jeep from the tow vehicle to run them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a full towing package that provides wiring harness and power from RV
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Great, I would just pull the IOD fuse up out of its holder during towing then and press it back in when you are ready to drive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks you for your quick response and advise
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.