Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

The gauges stop working and now it will turn over won't

Customer Question

The gauges stop working and now it will turn over nut won't crank do it need to be reset of so how do I do it on a 2000 keep Cherokee Laredo 4.0
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 83000 miles 4.0 engine
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Turn over but want crank and all gauges stopped working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Taking the battery cables loose so maybe it would refer no luck
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results/information as possible as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!