Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Here. My girlfriend's 2006 Jeep Commander is experiencing

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, Nick here....
Hi Pearl, Nick here. My girlfriend's 2006 Jeep Commander is experiencing some issues with the ESP and ABS lights illuminating. As well, the ABS kicks in going through turns causing the vehicle to slow near to a stop, it's usually accompanied by a clunking of the ABS and ESP grabbing comtrol of the tires. When these issues are occuring, we are driving low speeds on dry road conditions. We have narrowed it down to a few possibilities (ABS software issues, possible alighnment issues, wire corrosion)
JA: Do you know the code? When was the last time you had new tires mounted?
Customer: ABS code? no. The tires were just recently all rotated, maybe two weeks ago
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I assume it'll be something we need to take to a professional. I've done an alighment test (putting the wheel straight and the driving to see if the vehicle puls on way or the other) equalizing the pressure in each tire, and today I'll be looking for the ABS module to see if there is corrosion
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I'm aware that the 2006 Jeep Commander has a recall on the*****system, something that we haven't done yet. When the ESP and ABS lights illuminate, the information screen reads to service*****and
park assistance
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/5/2016
Jeep Mechanic: eauto, The Car Guy replied 1 year ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

do you have access to a scan tool?

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman