Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Removing the starter from a 2011 3.6 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Customer Question
from the motor area JA: How...
Removing the starter from a 2011 3.6 Jeep Grand Cherokee from the motor area
JA: How many miles are on the car? Does the engine turn over at all?
Customer: The starter is bad cannot remove out of motor area
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Have unbolted the starter cannot get it out of motor arae
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: All I need is to remove the starter got it ready two come out it is in tight arae
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
6/4/2016
Jeep Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help you with your question,

Support the engine with a jack and board on the oil pan and remove the engine mount to make room to pull the starter.

Please let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician