Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Pearl, My 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo cooling fan is…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, My 2004...

Hi Pearl, My 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo cooling fan is not working. Since the relay is the easiest to get to, I opted to change it out 1st. But there is not a relay located under the passenger headlight, the holes are there but no relay. In reading on the site here, it appears that I have the high and low relay in the fusebox, which I have located. Question is, what and how can I test to see if the problem is which relay or the fan motor?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes, I am a retired railroad mechanic, maybe can or can't.

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Just buying a relay that goes under the headlight, but finding that one is not located there

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/11/2016
Jeep Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Hi, in order to pull the correct wiring diagram oculd you tell me what engine size your jeep has and if it's 2 or***** Thanks!