Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Airbag light comes on intermittently on my 2002 Jeep Liberty.

Customer Question

Airbag light comes on intermittently on my 2002 Jeep Liberty. What's the problem and what's the fix?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The airbag warning light came on when no one was sitting in the passenger seat. It went off for 6 to 8 hours and is now back on.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No.
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Jeep Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I worry that the airbag will not deploy, or worse yet, that it will deploy without warning.
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. What codes are setting in the Airbag module?