sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Flipper glass will not close/lock JA: Locks are something

Customer Question

flipper glass will not close/lock
JA: Locks are something you never think about until they start to act up. Fortunately, the mechanics are real masters, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best one for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: upon using the remote to pen the flipper glass for groceries, it will not close and lock now, keeping interior lights on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: 2005 grand cherokee limited
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Odds are the flipper glass latch is going to need to be replaced to repair this, which will require removal of the liftgate trim panel.If there was something foreign in the latch blocking the striker from entering then that would cause this, and if the release was in a constant state of being powered for some reason, which isn't likely, then it would prevent the glass from closing. Have you checked to make sure nothing foreign made it's way into the latch?If you press the release do you hear any noise from the latch?