Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Grand cherokee: I have 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee and left brake

Customer Question

I have 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee and left brake light works when head lights are off, and when lights are turned on running lights go on but when I hit brakes it stops working completely.
Tim
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. I have seen this more than once on that year Grand Cherokee, and it is a bad ground in the tail lamp unit. Replace the left tail lamp unit/assembly. I am 99% sure that this will fix it. I work at a Jeep dealer and like I mention have seen this before. I hope this helps, and again thank you for using just answer today! Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so I have to replace the complete assembly with the three bulbs, replace and just plug in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the unit what holds the bulbs
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is correct! Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see how it is going with the Jeep. Were you able to get that left rear lamp unit replaced yet? Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back again to see how it is going with the Jeep. Were you able to get that left rear lamp unit replaced yet? Chris