Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Concerning ac not working JA: Thanks. Can you give me any

Customer Question
Concerning ac not working JA: Thanks...
Concerning ac not working
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Compressor wont engage
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
4/21/2016
Jeep Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the year, make, model, and engine?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sure, it is a 2007 jeep wrangler 2door, x model, in reality it has a 6.1 ltr hemi and the 545rfe trans although the pcm vin and tipm and ccn and wcn are all from a 3.8 ltr jeep and the pcm is from a 2008 jeep grand cherokee srt8 (although vin has been matched to that of the 2007 jeep) this obviously is a hemi converted jeep although that shouldnt matter for our needs. The problem lies with getting an evaporator tempurature sensor reading of -40 degrees and that seems to be stopping the pcm from completing request to the tipm.
Have you done any diag or repairs to try and correct the evaporator temp sensor reading?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yep, my sensor is fine. I have a Snap-on Verus (the newest scanner). I am reading voltage change on sensor circuit between open when unplugged, 0.0 volts when jumpered , 1.5 volts when plugged in. The tempurature value that should associate qith than voltage change never happens, it stays at -40 (evaporator frozen at lowest value) no matter what
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried evwrything that makes sense. Was hoping a pro could offer something new.
This sensor communicates first off with the instrument cluster. When monitoring the temp are you accessing that through the cluster, TIPM or PCM?When plugged in, unplugged, and when the wires are jumped together do all results indicate -40?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes, exactly. All options keep a -40 temp value regarless of the voltage that is shown. I have been working through the cluster for quick data and also the pcm and tipm. With the tipm i can "actuate" the compressor clutch with command, but from the pcm it will not command on, although the pcm believes that the relay is requested. Im on my cell so sorry about the spelling
The next step I would do is replace the instrument cluster. It is sending out the temp signal and not changing the reading regardless of how the sensor wiring is manipulated. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Already done, and switched the tipm out of my other jeep and reflashed, and got a new pcm, and put in a brand new switchbank ac control head and evaporator sensor from mopar just because they were cheap insurance against corruption of a bad module.
That was my only suggestion. I will opt out and let another try to help you.
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician