Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Hey Chris! My name is ***** *****. I hope you're well. My

Customer Question

Hey Chris! My name is ***** *****. I hope you're well. My issue is regarding a few check engine codes that my 2007 jeep compass has that the auto shop revealed.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. Give me a second to type them out... P0139: O2 Sensor circuit slow response (bank 1 sensor 2) P0420: Catalyst System efficiency below threshold bank 1 U0416: Invalid data received from vehicle dynamics control module b2AAA and B2a00: Not DTC definition located alright that's all of them!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist the 139 and the 420 are related. you need a cat converter for the 420. the precious metals inside the cat are worn out. the 139 slow response is from the cat failure. I am looking up the rest of the codes Roy
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
which motor??? 2.0 or 2.4???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2.4
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
can you verify the 416?? it is not listed. the other 2 look to be ghost codes. I am researching them. Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was u0416: invalid data received from vehicle dynamics control module
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
ok, it does not list the code and i searched jeeps site and it was also an invalid code. d you have anything in the truck that is not working or just the check engine light for the engine??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just the light. It's been running fine. It has 145k on it and still getting over 20mpg with no issues.
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
then you need to address only the 420 and the 139. I suggest replacing the cat converter along with the rear O 2 sensor. it will not effect the performance of the truck it will only effect emissions. Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I have to replace an expensive part because the state says my emissions are within the range they deem appropriate?
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
sorry, but yes, that is correct. Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.