sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I tried to start the jeep turn the key nothing everything works

Customer Question

I tried to start the jeep turn the key nothing everything works dash lights come on for a second then one by one tried everything will not start
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: Code
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Jeep Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Jeep Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: It happened once before but by unlocking and locking hitting the remote start it finally started the jeep is in a grocery store parking lot at the moment I had to get a ride home
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. What is the year and model of the Jeep? Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007 grand Cherokee laredo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The jeep is in a grocery store parking lot
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks> This may be something as simple as a low system voltage (battery), or maybe a locked up WCM (Wireless Control Module). The WCM is the security module. Try this: when you get back to the Jeep disconnect the negative battery cable for 2 minutes and then reconnect it. See if it will start. If not, pull the battery and have it tested at your auto parts store, or have someone try to jump start the Jeep. If the battery fails, then have it replaced.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
The other thing it may be is a bad key, or starter motor. If you have another key, then try that also. Hopefully these things I mentioned will get you back on the road. Let me know, Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery is new but I will try that everything comes on radio lights windows work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I have to get a ride back to the store
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried everything you said nothing is working I can't leave it in the parking lot overnight
Any other ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind I will take care of it myself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel thu
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel this service please
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I was not able to get back on line until now. I will opt out of this question. Chris
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Were you able to get the problem resolved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it just started working on its own
If you need any more help let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again I am asking to cancel this service how do I do that
If you no longer need help there is no need to reply. If you have account or billing questions you would need to contact customer service.