Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

I have a 2000 cherokee with an aw4 transmission.. i believe

Customer Question
the park lock cable is...
i have a 2000 cherokee with an aw4 transmission.. i believe the park lock cable is out of adjustment.. i cannot remove the key.. unless i disconnect the cable assembly from the ignition actuator.. .i have replace the cable.. the lock assembly the ignition actuator and the ignition switch..
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: 2000
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: so 15 16 years.
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Jeep Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: it shifts into all gears.. i adjusted the transmission shift cable as well in an attempt to correct
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
any ideas?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
never mind i fixed it.. thanks anyway
4/3/2016
Jeep Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.There is an adjustment for the shift lock cable. I have enclosed it in the link below for reference. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Shift%20adjustment%20Apr%203.pdf
Ron, ASE Certified Technician