Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

My name is ***** ***** my problem is 2000 jeep grand

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** my problem is 2000 jeep grand cherokee laredo .it has set off security alarm system now only starts for few seconds then shuts off .how do I fix it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Went out to start jeep an alarm went off an now won't stay running lights flash on an off all dash lights are on as well
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

DISARMING

Passive disarming of the VTSS occurs when the vehicle is unlocked using the key to unlock the driver side front door. Active disarming of the VTSS occurs when the vehicle is unlocked by depressing the Unlock button of the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter. Refer to Remote Keyless Entry System in the Remote Keyless Entry System section of Group 8P - Power Lock Systems for more information on the RKE system components. Once the alarm has been activated (horn sounding and exterior lamps flashing), either disarming method will also deactivate the alarm.

Depressing the Panic button on the RKE transmitter will also disarm the VTSS, but the horn will sound and the exterior lamps will flash for about three minutes as part of the Panic feature function. Refer to Power Lock System in the Power Lock System section of Group 8P - Power Lock Systems for more information on the Panic feature

If you see a key with a slash thru it on the dash then you key or SKIM module is bad. You will need a scantool to determine which one is bad, also you will need a scantool to program the key or SKIM..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad