Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2008 Jeep Sahara Unlimited

Customer Question
My name is ***** *****...
My name is ***** ***** Nelson. I have a 2008 Jeep Sahara Unlimited with a RER Nav Radio. I awnted to enable the Uconnect button so I bought the microphone button and installed it. I then pressed the buttons with the button and was not able to find the enable selection
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: To enable the uconnect button I installed the microphone kit and then pressed the Seek UP and Down buttons along with the Menu button to enable the mic but could not find the selection.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2016
Jeep Mechanic: bill, jeep master tech replied 1 year ago
bill
bill, jeep master tech

did you have the dealer add the necessary options and then reprogram your jeep?

you CANNOT simply install the kit you MUST have the jeep properly programmed with a WiTech

I see you have yet to respond do you still need assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did not go to the dealer. I installed the microphone and then entered into the engineering mode of the radio

that will NOT properly set the system up the codes must be entered to the vin and then the system must be properly updated

you must also have installed the hands free module itself, NOT all and back in 08 none of the wranglers had hands free as an option so unless you purchased the radio with the hands free module in it (if that were so then the uconnect would be working already) and only 1 radio had that all the other uconnect radio's had an EXTERNAL hands free module, so you cannot simply install the mic, and unless the radio is already programmed for hands free the uconnect will not work, this MUST be done by having the dealer enter the proper codes and then download the new info into the vehicles network via the factory scan tool

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman