Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

How To turn off the security light on 2007 Jeep compass,

Customer Question
How To turn off...

How To turn off the security light on 2007 Jeep compass

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Vehicle started then died with red blinking light in right hand corner of the dashboard

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
2/25/2016
Jeep Mechanic: FixItMan, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** are some common issues with this vehicle that will cause this. You want to start by checking the basics. Make sure that the battery in the vehicle is good. You should have the battery load tested and also make sure that the battery connections are clean and tight. If they are fine then you need to try a spare key and remote if you have one. If the problem persists then it is most likely caused by a failure in the remote wireless control module and the steering column lock. These are very common issues and Jeep has a technical bulletin for it. In some cases the module can be reprogrammed. Most of the time it needs to be replaced. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

FixItMan
FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician