FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

How To turn off the security light on 2007 Jeep compass,

Customer Question

How To turn off the security light on 2007 Jeep compass
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Vehicle started then died with red blinking light in right hand corner of the dashboard
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** are some common issues with this vehicle that will cause this. You want to start by checking the basics. Make sure that the battery in the vehicle is good. You should have the battery load tested and also make sure that the battery connections are clean and tight. If they are fine then you need to try a spare key and remote if you have one. If the problem persists then it is most likely caused by a failure in the remote wireless control module and the steering column lock. These are very common issues and Jeep has a technical bulletin for it. In some cases the module can be reprogrammed. Most of the time it needs to be replaced. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.