sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Rear passengers side lights do not work but all other light

Customer Question

rear passengers side lights do not work but all other light work including turn signls 2007 Jeep Commander
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If all lights are working except for at one corner then the problem either has to be with wiring going to that light, bulbs, or it may be an open circuit in the circuit board on the tail lamp housing.

If bulbs are good and there are no visible issues with wiring or connections then the next step is testing power to each lighting circuit as well as ground, using an incandescent test light. Did you check the powers and grounds using a test light and what were the results if so?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Using a meter checked he voltage on the 8 pin connector

A test light would be needed for accurate testing.

What were the results with the meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pin connector on the rest passengers side has 5 wires from Black #1 to green #2 ..12volts DC from #1 to #4 orange/white 4.6 volts

You would connect the black lead to chassis ground for all testing and use the red lead to contact terminals in the connector. With the park lamps on what does the white/dark blue wire show?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe there was a black , 2 green , a green w/white and white /orange

The wires are white/tan, white/dark blue, white/light green, white/orange and black.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok it is dark here what voltage should I have on what wire I will check tomorrow in daylight

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there. If you can obtain an incandescent test light in the mean time that would be much preferred, a voltmeter can't be used to test the turn signal or brake lamp circuits and isn't accurate for the park lamp or ground.