cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 4.7 and I've been

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 4.7 and I've been experiencing an issue with it shifting noticeably harder into 4th and 5th gear when cold. However, when it's warm it shifts smoothly. I took it to my local transmission shop and there are no codes, the fluid level is also normal and was changed a couple months ago. I don't know if this is a normal quirk typical of this model year/transmission or is it something I should be concerned about? Maybe a flash update for the TCM would resolve the issue? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks! -Zach
Category: Jeep
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

its nothing to be concerned about it happens in colder weather your best bet is to let the engine warm up