Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Started with a no heat issue and a water pump issue

Customer Question
(leaking) replaced thermostat, water pump...
Started with a no heat issue and a water pump issue (leaking) replaced thermostat, water pump was able to run water (through a hose) thru heater coil lines are about equally hot, checked ac heat fan switch founded heat damaged also only high fan working replaced it. Dropped blending motor I can turn the stem 90 degrees manually. Blending motor will not actuate on its on heat I get a warm blast then it cools off and still only high working on switch help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
2/19/2016
Jeep Mechanic: cloe0626, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic

i would have the heater core flushed sounds like it is clogged up

What about the blend motor, i think the fan motor might be the resistor pack?

it is possible it is the resistor pack

the blend motor? How do u check the resistor pack?

i highly dont it is the blend motor Using a 12 volt DC test light probe the plug Turn the ignition to the run position and move the fan switch through all the positions. If this is a 2 way plug you may have to probe both sides of the plug since one side will be ground (-). If the test light lights up on all the positions,

badically verify the switch and if its good then by default the resistors are bad, since the switches were replaced today (heat damaged at connectors) they should be good but why wont the blend motor actuate? Removed i can move it manually but that it

yes thats it go ahead and do a voltage test to the blend motor make sure it is getting voltage

Yup, getting voltage, sweet jesus this alot to go bad at one time. Gonna try and flush heater coil if done with water until it runs clear would that tell me anything?

yeah if it comes out clear you are good and should be having heat your motor is getting voltage so it is fine you have tested the resistor

Wow, so far ive found a water pump leaking like civ, burnt connectors on controls, it had melted part of the fan switch itself, still needs a flush, resistors and a blend motor ugh i sure was hoping there was something that tied everything in and had locked out everything else

it is possible it is a computer problem but that would take a dealer to check unless you have jeep software in a scanner or computer

Nah im getting voltage everywhere so id imagine thats very unlikelyWell i ran water through until it got clear and no help next get some flush?
what would you recommend?

have you checked the bled doors them selfs to make sure they are opening

Uhm, i can turn it 90 degrees but dont know how to actually lay eyes on the doors themselves
Oh it goes (this makes me feel like an idiot) but "thunk" when it hits i am assuming that implies its no obstructed

only way to get eyes on is to take the dash apart

cloe0626
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic