Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Engine light comes on intermittently. Went out tonight after…

Customer Question
Engine light comes on...

Engine light comes on intermittently. Went out tonight after driving earlier and engine won't crank, not a sound. Battery won't jump, lights, radio, etc. all work. The light directly under the engine light (red) came on for just a few seconds...some sort of control module. Had been sort of lugging when trying to start off and on for about 2 weeks. Thought it might have been battery in cold weather. Help!

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Jeep Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

No...tow truck coming tomorrow to take to dealership. What is difference between wireless control module and Electronic throttle control

Mechanic's Assistant: OK! The Jeep Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?

No...but looked on several Jeep forums and this seems to be a chronic problem...many people could not get diagnosis from dealer

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
2/17/2016
Jeep Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, first, it would help to know the year, model and engine size of your Jeep

Second, the wireless control module is for the antitheft system and keyless entry, whereas the electronic throttle control is the system of accelerator pedal position(APP) sensor on the gas pedal and the throttle body. No relation between the 2

A no crank no start may be in the ignition switch, starter relay, transmission range switch not setting into park all the way, or starter itself.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks