Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty diesel it was misfiring running

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty diesel it was misfiring running and only on 3 cylinders I replace the valve rockers and lifters the top and has been rebuilt
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the no crank issue is the only issue now and this only occurred after the above repairs were done I would re check the repair work and see if anything was left loose or bumped loose or damaged when these repairs were done.If an issue is found it will need to be corrected to resolve this fault here.If this is or has already been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything has been checked twice but actually this problem has been before started before I start taking it apart cuz the top and with worn out I am a mechanic myself at first it seemed like the wire for the solenoid was loose but that is not the problem I can get it to start directly but it won't fire all the indicator lights come on I can get it to run on starting fluid but somehow things like that diesel is shut off to
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Are any fault codes set with this issue here at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not hooked up to a machine but doesn't seem to be any other issues I like to know what that little red light is on the bottom off the dashboard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am thinking that could be the ignition switch because it was giving me a little problem before
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If you have had issues with the electronic ignition switch itself in the past and with what you have occuring here this is definitely a possibility of the fault here.I dont show the info on the light itself here so its difficult to say for sure what this light is for sure.It may be a light for the security system but shouldnt keep this from starting as usually if this was a security component you would see a fault on the dash like security or anti theft.

You will need to test the power inputs and ouputs from the electronic ignition switch to be sure it is the cause.Below are the diagrams for this switch to do this testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8u8pcsn5hbgb1ks/i-02-04.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/80h62qkeowirhqj/ig-02-04.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbwbk33gmhrgdjz/ign-02-04.gif?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete