Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Ok jeep is running and idling fine, but when i give it gas…

Customer Question
ok cris jeep is running...
ok cris jeep is running and idling fine, but when i give it gas it revs up but when i leave off gas it stumbles and almost stalls then idles fine again
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/3/2016
Jeep Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In allot of cases this issue here can be caused by carbon build up in the throttle body bore and bore plate.When the throttle snaps closed if there is carbon build up this can cause the stumble here.I would take a shop rag with either carb. cleaner sprayed on it or brake cleaner sprayed on it and wipe out the throttle body bore and bore plate and see if this resolves the fault here.If this does not work let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

already replaced IAC and TP sensor and just cleaned throttle body. still the same almost dies when come to a stop

Relist: Incomplete answer.

I apologize for the delay.

Have you had the fault codes checked or can you get the fault codes checked to see what codes are set with this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.