Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

My name is ***** *****. I snapped the roof mounted antenna…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** *****. I snapped the roof mounted antenna off of my 2012 jeep liberty and wanted to know how to repair it

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Not really.. backing out of garage, I sanpped the antenna off

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
2/2/2016
Jeep Mechanic: Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech replied 2 years ago
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech

Do you have a picture of what is left? If it's just the antenna you can replace it but if the base is damaged it will need to be replaced.. Can you send a picture and the VIN so I can give you the best plan to fix it?

The base isnt damaged.But the antenna snapped off pretty low

Thanks for the VIN and pictures!!

Ok the screw is snapped off and you will need a left handed drill bit to remove it and maybe a screw extractor set to finish removing it.. Once you have the broke off screw out you will just need to replace the antenna mast and you should be in good shape...

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad