Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

You said i have a response now why can't i read it? I

Customer Question
paid,got confirmation that i paid...
You said i have a response now why can't i read it? I paid,got confirmation that i paid now why can't i read it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
1/31/2016
Jeep Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

go to your original question for responses...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still wont let me view your response. I click "View Response" and it does nothing
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you send via text message your response to my original question?

If you accept the offer we can communicate via email after we exchange email addresses on the Private Contact info field that will appear after you accept

Thank you

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No im not gonna pay an extra 10 when i paid 26 for a response i cant even view, i think you owe me the answer i already paid for.

Since we are able to communicate here, I'll copy my response and post it here and we can continue from there...

give me a few minutes to do so...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you and i honestly dont know why i can't read original. I do appreciate your time.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Can we start by posting the last 8 digits of the VIN? I can check for related bulletins or software updates for you... Also post the miles on the vehicle if possible...

PS, Remember, this response is not the answer and I receive no payment until you release your funds by rating my answer with an "ok service" or better (3 stars or better). Your funds are safe in YOUR JustAnswer account until you rate my answer which will come after we start with the last 8 digits of the vehicle VIN number..

Thank you,

Robert

Here is your original question:

Hi I have a 2014 jeep compass limited and the entire audio cuts out after about 5 min. Any ideas or thoughts on what the problem might be? All of the audio is factory,Boston Acoustics

This will help me keep track of what you actually asked....

Thank you,

Robert

Here is the rest of your original question:

It just started doing it about 3 weeks ago. But now it happens more frequently. Not sure where to start. The head unit still works when audio goes out. And its not just one speaker,its all of them. Not sure if it has an amp or not or even where it is located. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Vin:ED620386
Miles:28692

Ok Thanks for the VIN, This definitely helps.

It appears that you still have remaining basic warranty, have you taken it to the dealer yet for this concern? It sounds like you may have an issue with the audio output. After a bit of research, I found a couple service bulletins for the audio system. These updates can be performed at the dealer or if you have a 4gb usb memory stick, you can perform the updates yourself, there are 2 updates, one for the NAV and one for the radio.

Here are links to view the service bulletins:

Bulletin 1

Bulletin 2

Here is the link to download the software and instructions for performing the update.

Click Here to go there.

Keep me posted on how it goes and let me know if you have any additional questions...

If these updates don't help, I recommend to take it to the dealer and have them look at it. It IS still under warranty and it won't cost you a dime to have it repaired...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better. It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

Please keep in mind, If you are not happy with your answer and you need additional info, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for your answer is GREATLY appreciated and is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician