Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

2011 Grand Jeep Cher. when placed in Park will occasionally…

Customer Question
2011 Grand Jeep Cher. when...
2011 Grand Jeep Cher. when placed in Park will occasionally not hold vehicle in place and will roll backward. The vehicle has just had transmission fluid changed. Vehicle was stuck in snow and wheels were spinning prior to getting it out.
What do you think the issue is and what is the repair?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/31/2016
Jeep Mechanic: roybelding, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

you have not said there is any issue with shifting so I assume the trans is ok internally. I suspect the shift cable needs to be adjusted as this is what controls positions. if it is not in park fully, it will not prevent the truck from moving

Roy

Roy
There does not appear to be an issue shifting I will take it to the dealership tommrow
Tx john

from the sounds of it, it should be an adjustment on the cable.

Roy

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my service

Ro

how are you making out

I took the Jeep to the dealership for analysis. They inspected it and could not duplicate the symptom I described to you. They agreed it could have been the result of snow being jammed into the cable.
roybelding
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician