Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Battery keeps draining overnight
, replaced battery a…

Customer Question
Battery keeps draining overnight...

Battery keeps draining overnight

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Replaced battery a week later jeep wont start, I jump it off, starts for the day and won't start next morning

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
1/27/2016
Jeep Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** year, model, and engine size is your Jeep? Thanks.

2007 commander
5.7

Does everything seem to work fine? Do all of the electrical accessories seem to shut off? Thanks.

Do you have heated seats? The heated seat module is pretty common to fail causing battery to drain on these vehicles.

How do you turn them off so they won't drain the battey

Circuit breaker #2 feeds power to the Heated Seat Module (HSM) and the Memory Seat Module (MSM). Remove the circuit breaker to see if battery stops draining if so you know the module needs to be replaced. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.