Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

04 liberty just purchased. Great car, great shape except…

Customer Question
04 liberty just purchased. Great...
04 liberty just purchased. Great car, great shape except drove it a couple days and suddenly the brakes locked up. An hour later it was fine again for several days till the same thing. Again, after resting it's fine. Shoes,rotors,calipers,and brake lines new.wtf
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
1/26/2016
Jeep Mechanic: Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech replied 2 years ago
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech

Are you saying the brakes locked up when your driving? When exactly do they lock up? Is the pedal hard?

it happens while in motion driving. Like someone is stepping on brake. When you pull over and stop you can't move car for 30min or more then it's fine for days. When they do this the pedal is hard.
Are you there

When it happens again you will need to jack up each wheel to determine which one is locking up. When you find the wheel then you will need to loosen the bleeder screw and see if it releases and allows it to roll.. If it's a front caliper I would advise to replace both fronts..

Already replaced.

Which wheels are locking up?

Seemed like all of them .

I will need to know which ones are locking up to get an idea on what's going on. You will need to jack up the vehicle and spin each one to determine which ones are locked up

Have to get back to you. So far unfortunately this has not been a help. I'll check wheels next time it happens.

I can't help unless I know what's going on... I will need to know which wheels are locking up then I will get an idea on what is happening..

Glad I could help,

Brad

Do you still need help?

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad

Brad
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech