Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Matt - i was looking at a loose hose on my jeep wrangler…

Customer Question
Hi matt - i...

Hi matt - i was looking at a loose hose on my jeep wrangler 2001 tj sport and doing some research as to where it'd go

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The jeep is failing to pass smog but i'm not sure if its related to this loose hose

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
1/23/2016
Jeep Mechanic: Amedee, Jeep Technician replied 2 years ago
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can you take a picture and upload it to this page so I can take a look?

Thats either a vacuum hose/line or a evap hose. Look near the throttle body and intake to see if it comes from there

If so, it is a vacuum hose. If not, then I would suspect a evap line. Where does this line come from?

Amedee, I'm also uploading a video to hopefully give some more details as to where to connect the loose hose. If you're on a computer the link to the video is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/r3ndyt2nsedr5qd/AAAsCj1eg_7zTdYULCuSTvOUa

Hello and sorry for the delay! Thank you for the video! A vacuum schematic for emission related items can be found on the VECI label

However, I will do some more digging for you.

thanks for continuing to dig, please let me know when u get a chance the location of the open valve

TO be honest, it was hard to pinpoint the location with the video you sent. Could you resend a video "not so far zoomed in"? I would like to see all of the components on the firewall. The more detailed the better.

Hey there, i lost my password ***** a bit and still intend on sending a better quality video. Hope that's ok!

Hello! Sounds good! Bring it on! :)