Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

We recently had a new PCM in our 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Customer Question
It is running extremely well...
We recently had a new PCM in our 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It is running extremely well, but about a month afterwards, the check engine light started coming on intermittently. It is checking P2308. Ignition coil C secondary circuit.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
1/19/2016
Jeep Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 1 year ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello and welcome to just answer. Code P2308 means that the PCM is detecting an insufficient burn time in ignition coil # ***** 9 times out of 10 this is the ignition coil itself. But could be a connection problem or spark plug. The Jeep is not running rough correct?

Chris

Jeep Mechanic: eauto, The Car Guy replied 1 year ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

sounds like a coil how many miles on the jeep?

Ignition coil # ***** is the second coil from the front of the engine on the driver's side. What you can do is to remove the front left coil (which is # *****) and swap it with the # ***** ignition coil. Then clear the codes by disconnecting the battery to erase the codes. Now drive the Jeep until the check engine light comes back on. Read the codes. If the code is now P2108, then replace that coil (which you swapped to the # ***** cylinder. That is the best way to confirm a failing ignition coil.

Chris

Patti, do you or someone in your family do your own repairs or do you have a shop or dealer do it?

Chris

Hello?

Good morning! Were you able to see my replies?

Chris

Hello again Patti, have you been able to see my previous replies to yo7r question? ?

Chris

Hello Patti, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman