Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My name is ***** ***** and I have been having issues with my

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, My name is ***** ***** and I have been having issues with my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee's door ajar alarm and locks/windows not working
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, It started with the locks not working when the door was open. Then my dome lights would not go off along with the door ajar alarm in the over-head counsel
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sounds good George, what is "A Bit?"
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

have you looked at the wiring in the door harness where it passes through the body to the door?

the MOST COMMON reason for your problem is the BLACK heavy gauge wire (a major ground for the door modules or "brains") to break or partially break causing an intermittent loss of ground and thus the door brains shutting down.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm out. Got my answer from another website for free.Thanks anyway.By the way, the black wire was broken and when I fixed that the issue with the dome lights and windows started.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

well you have your free answer so good luck