Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

Matt wonder if you can help me with my 2003 Jeep Grand

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Matt wonder if you can help me with my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD which I believe has an immobilizer problem.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Of course I can provide you with more details if you have bit of spare time to help
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: when and how should I pay for your advice and help Matt ?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon..

What issues are you having and do you see a key with a slash thru it on the dash?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brad, My name is ***** ***** light with the key with the slash thru is on the dash, it comes on a short while after you trying to start the engine. That light is permanently ON.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

That means you either have a bad key or bad SKIM module,, Do you have another key to try?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no just one key , ok i is the key problem why the windows not working and fuel - battery gauges.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

If the key with a slash thru it is on in the dash then I would see what codes it has in the SKIM module to see if it's a bad key or bad SKIM module.. Once this is repaired then you can diagnose any other issues you have..