sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Is my name. And my issues is that the power windows on my

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** is my name. And my issues is that the power windows on my 1993 G Jeep Grand Cherokee don't work
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the power locks and the power seats work but none of the switches operate any of the windows
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have a failed master switch but it's more likely to be a wiring issue.

When you open the door you will note a black boot between the door and body. This is where the wiring runs from the door to the main harness. This wiring flexes each time the door is opened and closed and can eventually break. If a power or ground to the master switch is lost then it will prevent window operation.

The first thing I would recommend is inspecting the wiring in the boot for damage. If nothing is found then you'd next need to remove the door panel and test at the switch. You would first need to test for power and ground, and if ok then switch continuity tests can be done.