Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My 2005 jeep liberty sport 3.7L manual transmission will not

Customer Question

My 2005 jeep liberty sport 3.7L manual transmission will not start nor turn over. I have power to everything but will not start.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Is there power to the starter when the key is turned?

Power at the relay? Fuses all good?

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is power to everything the starter fuses are all good its sending trouble codes lik, P1697,P2303,P0443,P0552. I have looked these up they wouldnt keep the engine fron starting though. I have fixed the clutch starter switch the piece that fitts on top of the clutch petal and goes through the firewall.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

So, the engine doesn't turn even though there is power to the starter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the starter is good theres power to the starter . the engine will not turn over nor will the engine start
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks. Does the engine turn by hand, with a socket and pull bar?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello are you still there are you following me . I said yes there's power to the starter and the engine will not turn over nor will it run. I have already replaced the clutch safety starter switch
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello, are you following me? Does the engine turn with a socket and pull bar? Could it just be that the engine is seized up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO sir the 2005 jeep liberty sport is a 6 speed transmission that has power to everything inside and out the ignition when turned has power to eerything. All the fuses are ok inside and out something is not letting the computer tell the engine to start. all the fuses are good inside and out. I fixed the clutch safety starter switch as well it still will not start nor will the engine turn over.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sir
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.