Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2006 Grand cherokee. Tonight, after coming home

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Grand cherokee. Tonight, after coming home from work, I went to turn it off and the key will not come out nor can I start the car. This ignition was the recall replacement. Never had a problem with it till now. had to leave key in ignition and it appears to be drawing power. what can i do?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

For now you can remove the negative battery cable to keep from killing the battery.

Will the key turn to the run and start position?

in the run position, is the instrument cluster powering up?

Will it crank and start in neutral?

So far the information you posted is pointing to the park neutral switch not showing it is in park fully and the ignition lock has not released to allow key removal.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.