Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My 2011 Jeep Liberty won't start. The battery is just fine

Customer Question

Customer: My 2011 Jeep Liberty won't start. The battery is just fine but the electrical seems to short out because the radio goes back to 1200 on the screen. It doesn't seem like it's the alternator because it doesn't click like that. My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My engine light came on a few days ago and I called the garage and am supposed to take it in tomorrow but now it won't start. All the lights on the dash are working just fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and make sure the battery cables are all o.k.If there is an issue with a cable being loose or corroded at the battery or leading from the battery to where the cables run and connect to including at any fuse panels this will cause this type of fault here and the cable fault will need corrected for this issue.If this is checked and found o.k. I would have the battery tested to be sure it is o.k.It may have voltage but may not have enough amperage in it and can cause this issue here.If these are all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.A local parts store will usually test your battery at no charge to you if you want to remove it and take it to them to have it tested.If faulty then they can also sell you a battery to replace it with to correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete