Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My jeep is acting like it is stuck in low range?

Customer Question

Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not on site, my wife is. She has tried tapping automatic gear shift to the side. Jeep is not in 4wheel drive. I can put u in touch w her.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Can you go into more detail on the issue since it is not in 4 high or low?

Is the concern it will not upshift while in drive?

Any warning lights on?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shifted out of park into Drive. It will not up shift from lower gears to higher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going out there(100 miles) later today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife called and said the problem cleared away overnight.

Since it went away, and it was for sure in the correct gear on the transmission. It could of been a faulty park/neutral switch, sticking solenoid or valve in the transmission. Sometimes these failures are intermittent. Being its not occurring now, you will have to wait till it messes up again to do diag.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris