Jeep Service
Jeep Service, Jeep Owner
Experience:  14 years with AMC/Jeep Specializing with pre-1994 Jeep products.
14892859

Chad,
, I have 2000 jeep wranglersport. After going

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Chad, this is Hobie
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have 2000 jeep wranglersport. After going through a deep pothole the other day, it has started going right on bracking, and then while driving it constantly pulls to the left. the brakes smell after driving a while too
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sur sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jeep Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds like you have front brake caliper issues. If the vehicle is pulling to right when yoiu are braking, the right front brake caliper is staying applied (most likely thru rust in the caliper or the sliding part of the brake bracket. This would also account for the brake odor, as the brake, in short, is staying 'on' with your foot off of the peddle slightly. The pulling to the left whilst driving is most likely an alignment issue. The recommendation I have for you on this request would be to have the front brake calipers removed and checked. Replace BOTH if even if only the right side is faulty (the other side will not be far away from being faulty), and, get a good professional alignment done by a quality alignment service.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer