Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

2012 Jeep Liberty Jet limited edition. The M38 fuse (25

Customer Question

2012 Jeep Liberty Jet limited edition. The M38 fuse (25 amp)keeps blowing when a new fuse is put in. The doors will not lock off the key or inside the car, only manually and the remote start will not work. I assume the remote start will not work since it locks the doors first then starts the car. The M38 fuse controls the door locks. When a new fuse is put in it just blows. Any help would be appreciated
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having with the M 38 fuse blowing can be caused by any of the following,

• Door Lock Actuator Wiring
  • Door Lock Actuator(s)
  • Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM)
  • Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) wiring, with the TIPM being the most common cause. I have enclosed the things to check in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuse%20TIPM%20Dec%2028.pdf