Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

My name is ***** *****, just today my headlights started

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** *****, just today my headlights started acting up. When the key is off i can turn the lights on and switch between high and low beams but as soon as i turn the key on the headlights go off and wont turn back on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When the jeep is off and the headlight switch is completely removed from the vehicle with no connections between the battery post (on the switch) and the headlight post, the lights still are getting power and wont turn off without removing the 40Amp fuse from the box on the passenger side of the engine bay
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you we need to know what year and model Jeep it is you are having the problem with . If you can post back with complete information I will try and help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a 1996 jeep cheroke
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Do you have daytime running lamps?