Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Im having problems with my jeep commander Radiator fan , its

Customer Question
Hello , im having problems...
Hello , im having problems with my jeep commander Radiator fan , its not coming on when i turn my Hvac on , however if i put direct electricity to the fan terminals itself it works , also jumped fan relay terminals 30 and 87 on both high and low also works
, so i dont know where else to look this just happened after replacing an ac compressor that went bad , also this radiator fan was replaced about 2 months ago
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
12/17/2015
Jeep Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 2 years ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello and welcome to just answer. Will the fan come on when the cooant temp gets up to 220 degrees?

Chris

chris it will come on
Just veryfying it with my obd tool

Ok, then that tells me that the PCM wiring, relay and fan motor are all good. The ac pressure transducer on the high side line is used to tell the PCM when the fan should come on gor the condenser. If your refrigerant level is good, then try a new ac pressure transducer. No need to discharge the ac system to replace it. There is a Schrader valve in the port.

I hope that this information is helpful,

Chris

Ok but when i was charging it with freon i didnt keep going cause the ac fan didnt kick in , i charge it with like half can , if the pressure transducer that you are stating is bad , the ac clutch shouldnt engage either if my thoughts are good , and yet the ac clutch engages. ,
Wow its working just finish adding the bottle thanks for point me in the right direction

Well that transducer serves 2 purposes. 1 to prevent the clutch from engaging if the pressure is too low, and 2 to turn on the fan when the pressure gets too high. So maybe 1/2 can is not enough.

Chris

Try adding some more refrigerant. Use gauges if you have them.

Chris

The reason why i changed the compressor was because passenger side was cooling better than driver side after i replaced evaporator , hope this helps

Probably the evaporator replacement will fix it, I just think your refrigerant level is too low.

Chris

Chris i changed evaporator core with the radiator fan like 2 months ago , condensor is almost new , drier also +expension valve (6 months ) , when i changed the evap core like i stated 2 months ago , car was cooling like if it was snowing , but then afterwards it went away, and i heave no leakage thats way lastly i decided to change compressor, after adding the 34oz of freon to the system right now i cant feel the coolness i want , what i can notice is when i turn the temperature switch just a lil bit too hot it goes way hotter than it should be, i dont know maybe is that switch tricking me , i dont know what else to do

Hmmm, sounds like maybe there is a problem with the temperature blend door. Did you try doing a battery disconnect / reconnect to recalibrate the HVAC system?

Chris

Hello, did you receive my last reply? Do you need further assistance?

Chris

Hy chris been busy a while , how do i do that , btw i dont have the Climatronic controls just standard basic controls

Just disconnect the negative battery cable for 2 minutes and then reconnect it. That should force the system to recalibrate. Try that and then get back to me.

Chris

Any luck?

Chris

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman