Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Ivan i have a 2000 jeep cherokee laredo and it won't start.

Customer Question

Hi Ivan i have a 2000 jeep cherokee laredo and it won't start. I have changed the starter and the battery and it still won't start. I tried jumping the battery and that wouldn't work. could you please tell me what else the problem might be..
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and thanks for the question. Okay we have a new battery, and starter, and your jeep will not turn over? Let me ask you do you have a voltmeter? We need to check the voltage at starter. But let me tell you what I have Seen a few times, the ground cable on your jeep it has two or more wires hooked to the negative post if one of these were left off, you would only get 6 or so volts st starter. Check all your battery connection aND let me know if you have a voltmeter and want to test